Monday, April 19, 2010

A Resting Place

“I find rest in God; only he gives me hope. He is my rock and my salvation. He is my defender; I will not be defeated. My honor and salvation come from God. His is my mighty rock and my protection.” Psalm 62: 5-7

There are times in our lives where we feel there is no resting place. Troubles and busyness cast a shadow on our spirit, leaving us in a dry, shallow place. Old memories or a repeat in unpleasant circumstances weigh heavy on us, and sap our energy.

These are the times when we long for rest in a peaceful place. For some, it may be a last cry of desperation – I need a resting place! Some of us have been in turmoil for so long that we have forgotten what real rest is and what it can do for us.

We all know how strong a rock foundation is. This is where we come to find that blessed rest. The rock of our salvation stands firm – strong enough to hold all the burdens we carry. The rock fortress is our protector and defender – holding us up on a higher place – a place where we can see far and wide. Then the face of our enemy can be seen. The quiet high place gives us the distance we need from our adversary. We can breathe again – we can trust again.

Run to your high place. Close the gate and distance yourself from the battle for a while. God will give you strength to carry on when He sees you are ready.

Thank you Jesus for a resting place. May I be ever mindful of the open invitation to run to my high place.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, Thank you for stopping by my blog and finding me...in turn, I have found your awesome blog!!! I love your posts...this one in particular touched me. I continually strive to enter into His rest...finding peace from the storm. I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit that strengthens me to fight the fight of faith...while, at the same time, fills me with peace in the midst of the battle.
    So GREAT to meet you sister!
    With joy,
    Cherie

    BTW, lived in Issaquah (Seattle) Washington for 4 years...truly the most amazing years of my life...I miss it DESPERATELY! Breathe in the fresh air for me...and tell the mountains they're magnificent!

    ReplyDelete