Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Can You Hear?


“Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”   Matt. 13:9 NLT


Ears to hear. Not just listen, but really hear. There is so much that God wants to tell us. His instruction is endless and He longs to communicate to us his plan for our lives. It’s up to us to listen for his voice, hear what He is saying and then do what He wants us to do.

For those of us who have children, we remember the days when we thought they would never learn to listen. I would get in my children’s face and have them look straight into my eyes while I gave instruction. Sometimes, depending on the distractions, that wasn’t even enough to make it stick. It’s very frustrating to a parent to feel they are not getting through to their little ones.

God is never frustrated, but He still desires to speak to our hearts with words of comfort, wisdom, exhortation and love. He waits patiently to reveal the secrets of the universe as they pertain to us.

Stop. Take time to listen. Hear the voice of the Lord. Let his words soak into your heart and soul.

Heavenly Father, teach me to listen and hear. Tell me what you want me to know and I will do my best to please You.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. I am opening myself up, and getting out of my own way to hear and listen to Him today. Thank you for these words and the prayer.

    ReplyDelete