Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's Not Done Yet

Philippians 1:6 (New Living Translation)

6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Do you ever feel like you will never achieve the level of completeness you desire? There are days when I think I shall never arrive. Just when I think I have learned my lessons well, I do something stupid. Just when I think I know enough, I find out I don't know anything. The more I learn, the more I need to learn.

What a blessing to know that the work God began in us is never done. He hangs in there with us even when we blunder, fall, and generally mess up. He has a work to continue and complete and He is no quitter.

Our journey is long and arduous, but the end is in sight. This place and this body is not our home. We have a prize waiting at the end of the race. If we remember that God cares enough to see us through to the end, it makes the struggle worthwhile. Even when we want to give up - He never does.

That makes me feel better - don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment