Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Do we realize what we have?

“Those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected by the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, ‘You are my place of safety and protection.’ You are my God and I trust you.”
Psalm 91:1-2

How many times have we been rescued by God? We cry HELP when we are in trouble or don’t know where to turn. He is faithful to cover us, and protect us from ourselves. I personally can’t imagine how to live without his sheltering arm.

But I’m not sure God’s children fully comprehend the magnitude of that protection. The arm of our Creator is broader and longer than our minds can fathom. The fact that He would outstretch it just for me is an expression of his loving character. All I need to do is to go to Him, trusting He will do as He says.

It’s not that God needs to acknowledge us, He does that in ways we don’t even realize. But when do we acknowledge Him? Only when we need help? Only when danger lurks? No, He is ready and waiting to gather us in every minute of every day. He watches and faithfully guides all who look to Him.

As a child, I knew my parents would be there if ever I needed them. When I was in danger, I would run to them. Our Heavenly Father waits like a caring, protective parent. But his power to protect is mighty. Our praise and thanksgiving should rise up accordingly, for his shelter is undeserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment